Neural Network Design
Catalog Description: Same as ECE 578 and ME 578. Introduction to neural networks and problems that can be solved by their application; introduction of basic neural network architectures; learning rules are developed for training these architectures to perform useful functions; various training techniques employing the learning rules discussed and applied; neural networks used to solve pattern recognition and control system problems.
Total Credits: 3
Course Coordinator: Milos Manic
Textbook: Simon Haykin, "Neural Networks and Learning Machines", Prentice Hall, 2008.
Major Topics Covered
- Introduction to Artificial Neural Networks
- Artificial Neural Networks as universal approximators and classifiers
- Training algorithms
- Object (face, image, handwriting) recognition
- Intelligent control
- Guidance of aerial and underwater unmanned vehicles
- Autonomous learning and decision-making systems
- Fuzzy logic and fuzzy systems